Employer-Sponsored Work Permit in Canada

Employer-Sponsored Work Permit Overview

In order to obtain a work permit in Canada, you would need to have an employer who is willing to sponsor you.
The Canadian employer would need to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) completed in order to sponsor a worker from overseas. The LMIA is a process in which the Canadian employer needs to advertise the role locally. If they are not able to find a suitable candidate locally they could then apply for an LMIA.


The job needs to a skill level A, B or O under the NOC code.
The salary paid by the employer needs to meet the standards of the province and the job in question.
The candidate would need to demonstrate qualification or work experience or both for the position.